Saturday, December 3, 2016

Insomniac Seeks Refuge

In its early stages, insomnia is almost an oasis in which those who
have to think or suffer darkly take refuge. ~ Sidonie Gabrielle Collete

Okay, I'm going to babble incoherently now. I begin writing this at 4:00am because I can't sleep. Waiting for a sleeping pill to kick in. I'm sitting at my desk, talking to myself as I look at Trump's fat smug face in post after post on Twitter, and I'm saying aloud: "I can't believe he's the fucking president of the United States." I'm saying it over and over in disbelief.

How on earth did this scamming con artist reality TV grifter, thrice-married misogynistic sexual predator racist numbnuts Nazi moron get to be president? Life just isn't fair, I tell you. It's just not fair. Most of us trudge through life barely making ends meet, living paycheck to paycheck, always one step from living in a box on the street. We live with honor. We bring our best selves to the table as much as possible. We work hard. Many of us get a college degree that ends up being a useless piece of paper. And when we hit middle age, society tosses us aside. As women, we become invisible and irrelevant.

Meanwhile, Trump's born with a silver spoon, given millions by daddy and a huge head start in life. The embodiment of White male privilege to the max. Does he use the wealth to help others? No. He starts companies. Borrows from people, then files bankruptcy so he doesn't have to pay them back. He gets people to do work for him then refuses to pay the bills. He plays the system and doesn’t even pay taxes! He starts a sham university and bilks people of their life's savings. Then settles their lawsuit for pennies on the dollar and gets to take it as a tax write-off. He starts a foundation and claims to raise money for charities, but uses the money for himself. 


Mocks the disabled. Fans the flames of Islamaphobia and says he plans to create a Muslim registry. Says he'll build a wall between the U.S. and Mexico, and promises to deport all illegals. Also plans on going after women's reproductive rights. And he gets away with it. The system rewards him for having zero integrity. He's devoid of ethics. No moral compass. He's truly repugnant.

Now he wants to take our healthcare away. I, like so many, have disabilities. I need that medical coverage. It's one of the few things keeping me alive. On top of that, Trump and the GOP want to take away Medicare and Social Security, which I paid into at every job I’ve had since I began working at the age of 18.

On top of that, Trumpenstein has the worst case of Narcissistic Personality Disorder since Hitler. When my mother died, I thought I was free of having that kind of crazy in my life, and now it's back in my life every minute of every day. On the Internet. In the newspaper. On the television. There's no escaping this fucking lunatic.

And this thing, I can't even call him a man because he's a tantrum-throwing needy adulation-seeking manchild... will be in history books as president. He'll ruin everything it's taken our country two centuries to build. He'll set back gay rights, women's rights, and minority rights.

It's undisputed that he's unworthy of the office. Trump is no Lincoln, FDR, JFK, or Obama. Hillary Clinton is my President. The majority of America elected her, so she's OUR President. Trump will NEVER be my president. Anyone who voted for a third party with a childish and vindictive "we'll show them"  protest vote has earned my condemnation. Anyone who had the audacity to propagate the myths and negative bullshit about Hillary Clinton has earned my contempt. To compare Secretary Clinton to Donald Trump is like comparing Shirley Chisholm, Shirley Temple Black, or Sandra Day O'Connor to, well, just about any incompetent vile man in history. Pick one. There are thousands. 

Hillary Clinton has devoted her life to public service. I'd give anything to share a meal with her. The amount of good she has done selflessly in her lifetime cannot even be quantified. Instead, the "right" (which I think should be renamed the "wrong") has vilified her from every angle, manufacturing lies, harping on missteps that were blips compared to those made by many Republicans. Judging her and holding her to a standard that could never be met. Expecting her to be literally without a flaw, yet all the while allowing one of the most flawed and transparently manipulative men rise to power in their own party.

Let's be clear. Trump has no qualifications for the job. He has no understanding of how government works or, as we saw this week, of diplomacy and foreign affairs. This is a job with a massive learning curve and he has no idea what he's doing. This is someone with no filter. Who tweets inappropriately and with no restraint, at all hours. This is someone who, before even taking office and since the election, has broken laws. Before he ran, he's been accused of fraud many times, was prosecuted by the government for discriminating against Blacks, was accused of raping a teenager and groping countless women. In terms of finances, he makes Bernie Madoff look like Suze Orman. As a sexual predator, he makes Anthony Weiner look like a boy scout.

On top of that, the "team" he's chosen is just as hideous. He promised to "drain the swamp" and instead converted it into a cesspool of Washington insiders, lobbyists, and millionaires who will lower taxes for the wealthy and craft loopholes that benefit themselves.

For eight years he questioned President Obama's birthplace, insanely claiming our President's not a citizen. At his rallies, his followers chanted "Lock her up," referring to Secretary Clinton. Yet with all his crimes, he is the one who should be locked up in a padded cell in a maximum security prison. He and the GOP have consistently obstructed this administration. He built his campaign on a platform of hate, bigotry, and sexism. And 25% of our country voted for him?!?

At his "victory speech" on election night, someone in the crowd can be heard yelling, "Kill Obama." And he didn't even denounce it. For that matter, not one media outlet even commented on the fact that a Trump supporter called for the assassination of President Obama.


I heard today that he will have the ability to mass text us via our phones whenever he wants to, and we can't block him. It feels like an invasion of privacy. Worse, it feels like a violation. This sexual predator will essentially rape us whenever he wants, and we're not allowed to say NO

I know he will abuse that privilege. He's so needy for attention that he'll hold Nuremberg-type rallies whenever he needs a fix. He'll lash out at reporters and censor the information that is disseminated to the public. He'll strip away our rights. Our freedoms. He'll control the Media. Heck, he already has. And they've done nothing to stop him. They helped create him and now, like Victor Frankenstein, don't know how to stop their monster. And it seems they don't want to.

We're going from eight years of a transparent administration led by a graceful, gracious, eloquent, intelligent, compassionate, calm, and SANE president (and amazing First Lady) ... to HIM. He's regularly attacked Hillary Clinton for her husband's infidelities. Let's look at that for a moment, shall we?

Trump cheated on wife #1. Cheated on wife #2. And according to several sources, cheated on current wife #3 while she was pregnant. He'll be the first president in history to be married three times. (And one of his cronies, Newt Gingrich, doesn't have a great history in that department either.) He'll be the first president in the last several decades who didn't release his taxes or medical records prior to the election. He'll be the first president in history to have bankrupted more companies than he's had wives! I expect he'll bankrupt our country if given the chance. 
He's morally bankrupt, too.

For the rest of our lives we will have to deal with HIM. Hear HIM. See tweets from HIM. See HIM on television. When he farts, the media will run to cover HIM. We will never be rid of HIM. Ever. I want to die right now. I just want to die. Please let me die and end this nightmare. 

Holidays are hard enough when you're alone with a dog, but no family or income. But I push through because I know January's coming. This is the first year where January brings trepidation like never before. If I weren’t connected to like-minded people on social media, I don’t think I could handle this. I wish people weren’t so far away. I wish I didn’t feel so despondent and angry.

I’ve posted and deleted this three times, afraid to bare my soul and be vulnerable. Now it’s 5:00am. And the sleeping pill still hasn’t had any effect. Meanwhile my dog is happily asleep on the bed waiting for me. I'm afraid if I stop writing this, I won't know what to do with myself. Does anyone else feel this way? Is this normal? 

The hashtag #ThisIsNotNormal has been referring to pretty much everything Trump says and does, along with how the Media "normalizes" him. I've forgotten what normal feels like.

At 5:00am I'm posting this for all to see, mock, and judge. Perhaps a few will read this and feel less alone. Going to bed and crawling under the covers.

No comments:

Post a Comment